*I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links are used in this post.
Happy Friday, Friends! I posted this image to Instagram a few weeks ago and got a TON of requests to write a review about it. Well, here ya go!
Influenster is seriously top-notch lately. It seems like they are focusing more on individual products and sets rather than curating boxes, which I actually really love. While it is cool to get a bunch of products to try, there are usually one or two that don't really fit you. When you get boxes that have one product or one brand in them, it is a little bit easier to focus.
I was a little surprised when they sent me this Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter to test. I don't really talk about a lot of high-end stuff (budget probz), and I would probably NEVER buy this for myself. Which made me even more excited to try it.
- It is light weight and pretty hydrating. This will be perfect to use in the summer.
- Very smooth texture, and goes onto the skin easily.
- Smells good. I wouldn't necessarily say it smells like coconuts though, but some people do.
- It has a very fine shimmer, which is perfect for a subtle glow. No chunks of glitter here.
- Lasts all day. I put some of this on one Saturday morning before running errands all day. When I went to take off my makeup before bed, it was still there.
- As you would expect, this is expensive at $44 for .8 oz. It is a lot of product though, so you do get your money's worth.
- I personally prefer powder highlighters. I'm not a big "dewy" skin person, as I always feel like it makes my skin look a little oily.
- Since this is a cream, it is a little bit hard to contain in one area. If I am highlighting, I like to keep it to the cheekbones, and seriously for that, you only need a tiny pin prick amount of product.
- A little goes a long way. This product is extremely pigmented, and you need the tiniest amount.
- It is a golden shade, which I think looks very similar to Champagne Pop.
- I tried this a couple of times when mixed with lotion and/or foundation and I LOVED it. This may not be the typical way to wear it, but it gives a really nice shimmer to skin when it is diluted.
Would you ever splurge on a gel highlighter? You can pick this one up at Sephora!